This pastel pink and gold refurbished rope woven metal cantilever chair is my re-imagined version of the design classic by Marcel Breuer for Knoll International.
- The chairs I've chosen to revamp are NOT authentic Marcel Breuer cantilever chairs, which of course should be lovingly restored as originals. The ones I'm using are high quality made in Italy "knockoff" versions of those original chairs. The frames are in excellent vintage condition.
- The wood/rattan portions of the chair have been cleaned, sanded and repainted with over 4 layers of pale pastel pink paint and glossy clear coat finish.
- The woven seat is made of 3/16" 100% cotton cord has a synthetic core, which prevents the rope from completely stretching out. Please note a small amount of stretching is inevitable with heavy use, and this chair is recommended for sitting only, no standing!
- The chromed metal frame of this chair had rust spotting on it, so I've completely refinished it! This is a long and tedious process, involving cleaning, sanding, multiple layers of gold metallic paint, clear varnish, and a final finish of hand rubbed furniture wax.
- 32" tall, 20" deep, 18" wide
This is a one of a kind piece, contact me if you're looking for a custom chair in a custom colour! I also have versions of this chair with armrests that are sanding and ready to refinish in the colour of your choice.
HANDWOVEN AND RESTORED IN CALIFORNIA, THIS ITEM SHIPS FROM THE USA
FREE DELIVERY IN THE SF BAY AREA (San Francisco, North Bay and East Bay only) or pickup in Marin County (Novato)
SHIPPING: for this item is via Greyhound and does NOT deliver the item directly to your home, but rather the nearest greyhound station. This helps keep shipping costs down. If you need this item delivered directly to your home contact me and we can sort out a different option! If the quote sounds "off" please contact me with your address and we can figure out the exact amount for your location.
Indigo tie dye and kilim patterned cotton jacquard are the perfect boho beach combo.The front of this pillow is a mix of cotton blend kilim patterned jacquard and a strip of hand dyed indigo mudcloth. Due to the handmade and VINTAGE nature of this indigo fabric there will be slight...
This mixed fabric lumbar pillow is the perfect thing to match up with our indigo mudcloth pillow covers.The front of the pillow is a mix of unbleached 100% linen, a cotton blend kilim patterned jacquard and a strip of hand dyed indigo mudcloth. The back is a solid panel of...
This vintage indigo tie dye is so irresistible, it somehow looks good with everything!Indigo is a rich natural dye that gets better with age. The dye takes on a beautiful faded patina over time, just like your favorite pair of jeans.Due to the handmade and VINTAGE nature of this fabric...